Thursday, January 13, 2005

KTH Introduction programme...

Went for the bus sightseeing tour organised by Dom's sch but it was raining.. sigh why just rain n not snow… then the view isn’t very good due to rain on the window n the tour guide keeps on rambling then we don’t noe where or wat she is toking abt.. ok lah saw quite a lot of things.. a lot of statues n museums.. trees , shopping mall.. etc..

then went to have lunch with Dom’s Swedish buddy, Kristina… at a café.. each of us ordered a diff meal.. mine was Ham n Cheese for 65SEK.. alrite lah although ex the serving even for me is quite big.. a slice of pizza plus a lot of vege on the plate good good haha.. then also free flow of bread.. enjoyed 2 pieces of bread myself..very nice.. hmmm… then got a glass of Coke as part of the meal.. the price is alrite lah if I eat like this once in while but not everyday lah..

then LL n I went to rush for Bus 4 to go to KTH for our registration programme.. tok to a Swiss guy n a Finnish guy.. then we went to a room where the International coordinator is super lousy n CMI.. tok don’t noe wat.. aiyah the orientation programme in KTH is terrible…L regretted coming here… then we were split up into our various department, Electrical Engineering.. our group is rather small..then we went to get our computer accts then went to his office.. after which our small group decided to go to Central Station to walk walk… at central station, when we walk out, I didn’t realize that from the other exit, its like Orchard Road … but with lower buildings…haha a lot of shopping malls…. A lot of ppl as well… then we anyhow walk til we reach a Kebab place where the rest had some snacks.. not cheap either.. I ordered a French Hotdog for 20kr… not cheap .. but its quite filling plus the full lunch I had just now… then its dark liao.. 4pm liao.. then the rest decided to walk to check out prices at a cinema.. the Finnish guy n I decided to try the KTh computer room.. but unfortunately our card cant access the rooms yet.. shit… then we split ways n go back home lioaz..

when I reach my blk, I decided to look for Anne, a lady I have been in contact by email living in my block 5th floor.. wanted to ask her abt Internet n stuff.. she said that some residents r using wireless routers to share their connections.. wow that sounds good then I don’t have to pay so much.. but don’t noe wat r the chances of someone on my floor haing the router n connection.. sigh.. I guess I will try the other more expensive option that is to get a ID number from don’t noe who Swede then apply for broadband, she mentioned once I get the number then I call the Bredbandsbolaget (smt like Swedish Singnet) then I can get the service in 20 min.. that’s good… she also showed me the Lan Point.. its on top of the front door.. diaonz.. that means I have to get a super long cable to connect my laptop to the Lan pt or else I would have to surf the Internet in my kitchen.. she recommened some cheap places to get the cable n groceries… phew lucky I have her contact.. I don’t feel so bad abt living here naymore.. but lets see lah.. I really hope someone near me has a router n connection.. I don’t want to pay so much n it has to be a six mth contract soemmore..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

No. of visitors so far:

since 9th Jan 2005..