Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Arrival in Stockholm (FINALLY!!)

Waited for the luggage to go around the conveyor belt for a long time b4 they finally decided to appear… didn’t take any photos.. too shagged n sianz.. when the plane touched down ,it is 7:15am local time.. but the sky is still very dark..sun not yet up…
We split ways with the other 2 guys.. we took an airport bus for 59SEK (student discounted price) n all our luggage were loaded up at the back of the bus… wanted to use Internet at airport to sms my darling but it costs 19SEK per hour n I don’t tink I gonna stay an hour so forget it loh… use LL phone to sms lah..shld have brought my own SIM card… sigh..

The road leading from Arlanda Airport to Stockholm is very diff from Singapore… got all those farmhouses.. n large pieces of empty land n forests..but also got companies such as 3M over here… we reached the Central Station for the Subway here… we decided to take a cab from here to KTH.. too many stuff liaoz.. it costs 160SEK when I asked the first taxi driver.. then I asked the second one it costs 115SEK.. aiyah nvm lah we deicde to take it… he say he don’t operate by meter.. but when we got inside, it looks very high tech… more high tech than SIN cabs… nvm lah.. we got to Accomodation office..Image hosted by Putfile.com then we met the person IC.. then she tell us to sign the contract.. n pass us the keys.. then basic directions on how to get there..

LL n me decide to go to each other hostel together.. we go to hers first… since nearer.. .hmm.. bought a monthly ticket for 600SEK.. last for 30 days.. every train n bus ride costs 30SEK regardless of distance traveled… it seems.. so as long as I use it 20 times then can already.. haha.. forgot to use student card don’t noe got discount or not… but damn shagged the luggage damn heavy..took one stop to Universitet stop then we took Bus 40 to her hostel… super shagged… then moved up a lot of slopes.. with our luggages… to board the bus.. we just had to show the bus driver in front or monthly pass then board at the back where there is bigger space… the MRT is quite friendly to wheelchairs n ppl with large stuff.. there is a bigger gate for ppl with wheelchairs n strollers… just show the card then can go in liaoz.. by the time we reached LL’s room… we r almost half dead… she cooked my Maggi Mee.. then I ate some of my Amos cookies..

Image hosted by Putfile.comAfter resting for an hour +, we proceed on to my place… took the train n bus.. but this time we use the Lift at the MRT to get down instead of escalator or else very dangerous.. I learned a new Swedish word today à HISS which means Lift… hahah.. n UPP which means Up n NED which means Down… hahaha… also learned how to take the subway… ppl here r quite alrite.. when asked for directions, they tried to help but some don’t noe…

We reached Syundbyberg Centrum station… my stop… which took abt 30 minutes from sch.. (not counting the waiting time lah).. alrite lah quite chop chop.. we found a guy who is very helpful.. helped to carry my luggage some ways… n guided me to my house… wah mine is like a normal apartment, definitely not made just for students.. becos I cant find any LAN pt .. so I approach my neighbour.. turns out he is a AH PEK!!... oh no.. I m like so sian then.. feel like crying.. seriously I feel like crying.. NO internet access!!.. panicked.. we deicded to go back to KTH to ask… finished the pack of Amos cookies… share some with LL….

When we ask the KTH ppl… turns out for my side I have to apply like from the Internet Servcie Provider (ISP) over there.. n I have to pay extra.. sigh.. abt 80 Sing bucks per month… don’t care liao.. I will start applying tomolo..anyway its rather late liao.. 4pm over here but the sky is like the 8pm of Sngapore sky so dark… n the office is closing… I shall go down to email the ISP tomolo when the office is open… the computers in KTH accommodation office is available for use but a lot of functions blocked so no MSN n stuff like that,, sianz…
After which we split ways… I go back to my house n she back to hers… by the time I reached Syundbyberg.. its pitch black… its like nite time liao but its only 5pm.. sianz… I unpack a bit then I tried to sleep.. I feel so depressed now…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

No. of visitors so far:

since 9th Jan 2005..